[LAU] Some disturbing news

Christopher Obbard chris at 64studio.com
Thu Jun 7 23:07:57 CEST 2018

So the only remaining engineering question (from LAC c-base) for me,
remains, what is the best reasonable alternative?

Currently I am thinking a self hosted instance of gitlab. With the source
code saved in a backup ready for any deletions!

—
Christopher Obbard
64Studio Ltd

On Thu, 7 Jun 2018 at 22:21, <holger at dehnhardt.org> wrote:

> I missed the discussion in the last days and was on the one hand surprised
> how lively it was conducted, on the other hand I am missing one point
> completely (or I did not notice it): If we leave aside the discussion about
> Open Source versus Closed Source, the question of choice remains. Because
> if good ideas are always bought up by the same companies without problems -
> regardless of whether they want to make a profit or eliminate a competitor,
> this restricts our options. That's a point I don't like - no matter if
> Google, Apple, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP or whoever buys other innovative
> companies, in the end it results in a fight between two or three companies
> and not only many innovative ideas are crushed, but often enough also the
> portability between systems.

Christopher Obbard
Chief Engineer
64 Studio Ltd.