[LAU] [Music] Escape of the Hopping Rhinos

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Sun Jun 17 06:04:10 CEST 2018

On 06/16/2018 05:12 PM, jonetsu wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Jun 2018 16:42:59 -1000
> david <gnome at hawaii.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> On 06/16/2018 04:06 PM, jonetsu wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Here's a short piece, barely over 2 minutes, featuring a bunch of
>>> rhinoceros hopping to safety, fleeing from a certain danger.
>>>
>>> I think they made it.
>>>
>>> https://soundcloud.com/nominal6/escape-of-the-hopping-rhinos
>>>
>>> Comments welcomed !
>>
>> Hmm, how about one about the Hairy Hippo of Happiness Hopping Through
>> Your House? Or the Bellowing Bison of Beauty Barging Into Your
>> Bedroom?
>
> For me it has a hopping kind of thing, but bulky.  The 'escape' part,
> the running, was suggested by Jeanette who also created the Zyn sound
> used in there.
>
> So it gave the escape of the hopping rhinos.

Ah, makes sense to me.

> If you had a formulae in mind, I'm sorry that's not it.  For starters
> English is not my native language.  I'll take note though that this
> kind of sentence can sound formulaic to a native speaker.  It is
> perhaps even found on a native t-shirt.

Not on any T-shirts yet as far as I know. I made up both of them and use
them as humorous blessings for friends. The Happy Hippo one was a
birthday blessing for my sister just a week ago.

Only thing they all have in common is alliteration. And the original of
the one about the bellowing bison was "May the Bellowing Bison of Beauty
Barge Bashfully through your Bedroom" so the contradiction between
someone bellowing while being bashful appeals to me.

--
David W. Jones
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community