[LAU] xoscope and the jack ALSA plugin

Dominique Michel dominique.c.michel at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 14:47:14 CEST 2018

Hi all,

With xoscope, each time I add a trace, it disconnect its input ports
and reconnect to some default. The strange thing is than it seam to be
ALSA that do that. I startx xoscope with its default input connection,
which is ALSA default. As jack is running all the time, I defined ALSA
default to use the jack ALSA plugin in my asoundrc:

pcm.rawjack {
    type jack
    playback_ports {
	0 system:playback_1
	1 system:playback_2
    }
    capture_ports {
	0 system:capture_1
	1 system:capture_2
    }
}

pcm.jack {
    type plug
    slave { pcm "rawjack" }
    hint {
    description "JACK Audio Connection Kit"
    }
}

pcm.!default {
    type plug
    slave { pcm "rawjack" }
}

ctl.!default {
    type plug
    slave { pcm "rawjack" }
}

pcm.dsp {
    type plug
    slave { pcm "rawjack" }
}
pcm.dsp0 {
    type plug
    slave { pcm "rawjack" }
}
pcm.dsp1 {
    type plug
    slave { pcm "rawjack" }
}

# for ameter:
pcm_scope.ameter {
    type ameter
}

pcm_scope_type.ameter {
    lib /usr/lib64/libameter.so.0.0.0
}

pcm.ameter {
    type meter
    slave.pcm 'hw:4,0' # can be hw or hw:0,1 etc...
    scopes.0 ameter
}

pcm.dsp4 ameter

##

At startup, xoscope get connected to system:playback_1 and
system:playback_2

If I disconnect it and reconnect it to some other audio source using
catia, xoscope wotk fine, but as soon I do various operations including
adding a trace, it disconnect and reconnect as explained. Is it
something I can do to avoid that and get xoscope to stay connected as
I connect it with catia?

Cheers,
Dominique

--
If you have a problem and you are not doing anything to fix it, you are
at the heart of the problem.