[LAU] Off-topic: "A look at how the Behringer Model D compares with the Minimoog"

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Jun 24 14:58:56 CEST 2018

On Wed, 20 Jun 2018 13:13:45 -0600, robertlazarski wrote:
>We are really getting off topic now, but can't help but mention that
>is Leo Nocentelli from the Meters next to him in the photo. Seen the
>Meters last year. I didn't know these guys collaborated, thanks for
>the link.
>
>When I last seen Deep Purple a few years ago, their current keyboard
>player Don Airey had the expected Hammond, I would have asked for my
>money back if he used a VA :-) .

This weekend I purchased an iPolysix, it wasn't my first choice, but
unfortunately neither the ARP ODYSSEi, nor the iMono/Poly is compatible
to my iPad 2. Sure, the original Polysix, let alone the original ARP and
the original Korg Mono/Poly, are playing in a different league, than at
least the Polysix emulation does. However, I'm happy with this
emulation. Always keep in mind, due to missing spare parts, as well as
it could be completely being impossible to get one of several iconic
synths, emulations are the only options we have got. Regarding what you
and I expect from listening, we aren't much different, if different at
all ;).