[LAU] [Fwd: Re: netJack2: Master doesn't show up as readable/writable client on slave side]

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed Mar 7 00:31:21 CET 2018

On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 5:53 PM, Jonas neuer <jonas.ne.mail at gmail.com> wrote:

>> The thing is, on Windows I can't figure out how to tell any application to
> route its audio through Jack. For example in Audacity on the Pi I can
> select JACK instead of ALSA and all the Jack connections show up. On
> Windows I can only select MME, Windows Direct Sound and WASAPI (also tried
> installing ASIO, but that doesn't show up either.)

​JACK wasn't ever designed for general purpose audio. On Windows, it
presents itself as a "fake" or "pseudo" ASIO device. Most consumer
applications do not use ASIO and so they will not see it. If you run a DAW
or other music creation/pro-audio software on the Windows machine, they
would makes ASIO devices available.​
​