[LAU] ZFS?

A. P. Garcia a.phillip.garcia at gmail.com
Fri May 11 18:11:36 CEST 2018

Hi,

I knew a systems engineer at Oracle who used Solaris with ZFS for an
8T or so music file server. He ripped his CD collection onto it, and
performance was fine. I'm not sure whether he used raidz{1,2} or
mirroring, but like Joe said, your best bet is to try mirroring. If
you want the highest performance you can possibly squeeze out of
linux, I would recommend doing some benchmarking of various
combinations of md, lvm, and different filesystems with the type of
workload you intend to use.

Regards,
Phil Garcia