[LAU] New Computer

Will Godfrey willgodfrey at musically.me.uk
Wed May 16 09:08:17 CEST 2018

On Tue, 15 May 2018 20:18:43 -1000
david <gnome at hawaii.rr.com> wrote:

>Sounds good to me! Cost? Plus an option for a Ryzen 7 chip? Not that I
>could afford such a thing with shipping from the UK. Although I am very
>impressed with how well they packed it.

Total cost (including delivery) was 850 ukp, so not cheap. I had been holding
on to savings for some time specfically for this purchase though, as the
previous machine was 8 years old and showing signs of stress. It was also quite
noisy. The new one is silent, so on a quiet evening I can now very faintly hear
a whine from the backlight of one of my hardware synths :o

The socket will take a Ryzen 7 and the PSU and heatsink are more than capable.
I doubt whether I'll bother though the performance is better than my needs for
the foreseeable future :)

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk