[LAU] New Computer

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Sat May 19 22:57:51 CEST 2018

On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 07:38:30AM +0100, Will Godfrey wrote:

> This is the first time I've installed devuan. Release 2 is based on debian
> stretch, so not cutting edge. However it has rt kernel 4.9 and everything else
> seems pretty up-to-date. The only slight disappointment is it's slower on
> startup, but I may let be able to tweak that.

I installed devuan on a Lenovo X240 a few days ago (and I'm using it to
write this). So far it's working very well. Happy to get rid of systemd,
which may have been a good idea at the start but by now has become a
uncontrolable mess (and therefore a security risk). Startup doesn't seem
to be slower. I'll install another laptop next week, and if all goes
well devuan makes a very good chance of replacing archlinux as my
preferred distro.

See you at the LAC !

--
FA