[LAU] death by ogg vorbis

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Thu Nov 8 17:14:42 CET 2018

On Tue, November 6, 2018 1:29 pm, Paul Davis wrote:
> play any of these files via the slimdevices/logitech server+devices, it
> does something to the server and/or the devices that requires a complete
> reset of the entire system.

Can you post the output of ogginfo -v for the file which crashes your
players?
There is a software player called squeezelite that runs under linux and
can emulate a squeezebox player on the network, that may be useful to
determine whether it is a firmware bug in the players crashing when it
gets either audio data or metadata that it can't handle.

I don't remember if you said which models of players you used, are they
the older style classic players using a traditional low level firmware
style design, or the newer style in the Radio which is running on embedded
linux?  If you have both available that might give another datapoint if
the old style player crashes but the new one does not, or the opposite.

--
Chris Caudle