[LAU] Experiences with miniDSP AVB products ?

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Mon Oct 1 23:36:44 CEST 2018

On Mon, October 1, 2018 4:13 pm, Niklas Reppel wrote:
> Well mostly I'd be interested in having a somewhat modular, compact yet
> extensible solutions for multiple channels on recent laptops.

The MOTU devices allow connecting a laptop via USB, and expanding audio
channels via an AVB switch between multiple interfaces (or just direct
connection if you only have two devices).
The addition of AVB interface seems to add several hundred
dollars/pounds/euros to the price compared to a USB only device, so either
the expandability or the ability to physically separate the multiple
interfaces would have to be relatively valuable to make it worth the extra
cost.

--
Chris Caudle