[LAU] Experiences with miniDSP AVB products ?

nik at parkellipsen.de nik at parkellipsen.de
Tue Oct 2 08:26:57 CEST 2018

Ohh ok, that'd work with the recent MOTU ? Interesting, that makes
the Ultralite AVB worth a closer look. Would that mean i could, like,
just attach an N-DAC 8 to the MOTU and see another 8 outputs in JACK ?
Sorry if i sound a bit naive but i have no experience with network audio
so far ...

Cost-wise the difference isn't that much, no ? The AVB Ultralite is just
about ~30 euros more expensive than the regular MK4 ...

I mean, you might need an expensive switch, and eventually another DAC, but still,
it seems to offer a good lot of flexibility, or the possibility just to plug in into
an existing setup, etc ... i the end you'd probably end up in a price range not that
far from other solutions ...