[LAU] [MUSIC] Synth Prelude n. 1

Lorenzo Sutton lorenzofsutton at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 09:26:07 CEST 2018

Hi Will,

On 01/10/18 23:08, Will Godfrey wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Sep 2018 18:44:25 +0200
> Lorenzo Sutton <lorenzofsutton at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> A prelude for synth. Although a relatively short piece this took way
>> longer to finish than I had expected.
>>
>> Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/lorenzosu/synth-prelude-01
>>
>> Archive.org: https://archive.org/details/synth_prelude_01 (includes
>> direct download links)
>>
>> Made with Yoshimi and Rosegarden.
>>
>> As usual thanks to all the developers of these two music applications
>> which I like so much for their work and dedication :)
>>
>> Hope you enjoy.
>>
>> Lorenzo.
>
> Really enjoyed this. Lovely dynamic performance. I'm not surprised it took
> longer than you expected - I'd still be struggling with the introduction :o
>
> Were the instrument patches your own, or from stock banks?

Thanks for your feedback, glad you enjoyed it!
I used stock bank instruments, with several adjustments in terms of
effects, envelopes, volume, pan, velocity sensitivity settings etc.
Certain attack times took really lots of fiddling to be how I wanted
them... In some cases the tweaking is really minor.
For the 'tubular bell' sound I actually started from a ZynAddSubFX
patch, but it was producing some weird 'noise', so I essentially
re-built it.

By the way the piece is CC-NC-SA licensed so I'd be happy to also share
both the Yoshimi state file and the Rosegarden file if anyone is interested.

Lorenzo.