[LAU] Default Jack metering (XFCE QJackCTL)

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed Oct 3 16:19:40 CEST 2018

On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 9:53 AM Johannes Kroll <j-kroll at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> On Wed, 3 Oct 2018 12:51:40 +0000
> Dale Powell <dj_kaza at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > But my session configurations change all the time. I use QJackCTL to
> start Jack and pretty much everything autoconnects to the main two Jack
> outputs as expected. How would I change it so that instead of connecting to
> the System outputs to the audio interface they connect to the input of the
> MU1? Or is there another way to get it in the permanent signal path between
> Jack's System outputs and the physical audio interface?
>
> if you enable Hardware Monitoring in Jack, you should get monitor_*
> ports. You can use them to read whatever is sent to the hardware
> outputs.

hardware monitoring in JACK is not related to the presence of the monitor_*
ports.  The former is indicated by --hwmon or -H, the latter by --monitor
or -m

In addition, almost nobody should ever enable hardware monitoring in JACK.
It works on 2 kinds of (old) audio hardware, and is essentially useless
anyway.