[LAU] Berlin Linux Audio meeting @ c-base 2018-10-09

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Sat Oct 6 19:31:55 CEST 2018

On Sat, 6 Oct 2018, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> Btw. instead of crimping a telephone cable again and again or replacing
> it by a new cable, I removed the RJ jack and soldered the cable to the
> telephone. RJ as well as TAE jacks and sockets are a PITA for usage
> with gear that gets moved. I never had an issue with RJ jacks and
> sockets for LAN, since I don't walk around with my PC, router etc., but
> I do with my wired telephones. I know, wired telephones are weird ;).

There are more robust ethernet rj45 solutions:
https://www.avshop.ca/wire-amp-cable-connectors-ethernet/neutrik-ne8fdp-rj45-ethercon-female-pass-thrutype?gclid=Cj0KCQjwuuHdBRCvARIsAELQRQHpNlzMIWwzPn1fQU8f4lCg3V5I3o9d6FKMDTkiOKvknv3nLdoLaMAaAkO5EALw_wcB
https://www.avshop.ca/wire-amp-cable-connectors-ethernet/neutrik-ne8mc-1-ethercon-rj45-connector

I don't know if the cycle count improves at all though.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net