[LAU] Jacks and sockets - Was: Berlin Linux Audio meeting @ c-base 2018-10-09

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Oct 6 21:51:41 CEST 2018

On Sat, 6 Oct 2018 10:31:55 -0700 (PDT), Len Ovens wrote:
>There are more robust ethernet rj45 solutions:
>https://www.avshop.ca/wire-amp-cable-connectors-ethernet/neutrik-ne8fdp-rj45-ethercon-female-pass-thrutype?gclid=Cj0KCQjwuuHdBRCvARIsAELQRQHpNlzMIWwzPn1fQU8f4lCg3V5I3o9d6FKMDTkiOKvknv3nLdoLaMAaAkO5EALw_wcB
>https://www.avshop.ca/wire-amp-cable-connectors-ethernet/neutrik-ne8mc-1-ethercon-rj45-connector
>
>I don't know if the cycle count improves at all though.

It does improve the steadiness of the jack to socket connection itself
and provides a strain relief. IMO it's a good idea.

I would like to continue talking about jacks. If somebody does know
something about the jacks and cables used for
https://www.roland.com/us/products/gkc-5_10/ , please reply off-list.

However, off-list I was asked to stop my annoying off-topic writing
regarding jacks. My apologies for disturbing the important "Berlin Linux
Audio meeting" notes.