[LAU] [Music] Ocean sky (electronica)

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Wed Oct 31 23:11:27 CET 2018

Hey hey,
I just released a new electronic song, though a little more subtle than the
last ones:
http://juliencoder.de/nama/ocean_sky.ogg
http://juliencoder.de/nama/ocean_sky.mp3
A liquid river between Drum & Bass, trance and EDM. Too slow for one, too fast
for the other, but mostly soozing and earwormy. :)

On the Linux side I have used Yoshimi for the soft flute like sound and the
bell-like tones, i.e. in the intro. The ticking clock is sampled into LS, the
hihats are from the Salamander kkit, the tron choir comes from the
free Gigatron GIG and the piano is a commercial thing loaded into LS. The
other synths were hardware. Naturally the mix was immersed in reverb and
delay, courtesy mostly of Fons' G2verb, CAPS stereo plate and TAP stereo echo.
Production included Fons' parametric EQ, Invada studio compressro and a bit of
the TAP limiter. This list is not complete, but covers 80%. :)

As ever feedback is welcome, but ostly enjoy,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

I can't believe it's what I see
That the girl in the mirror