[LAU] This could affect all of us.

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Fri Sep 7 14:49:09 CEST 2018

jonetsu <jonetsu at teksavvy.com> writes:

> On Fri, 07 Sep 2018 14:25:04 +0200
> Daniel Swärd <excds at kth.se> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 2018-09-07 at 07:36 -0400, jonetsu wrote:
>> > And I got pages full of links to many Reda articles, including the
>> > one she proclaims was blocked.
>> >
>> > Maybe I did something wrong.
>>
>> No, you didn't do anything wrong. It was blocked previously, but it
>> got fixed.
>>
>> The whole point was the irony of an article about automated
>> censorship machines got blocked by such a machine...
>
> It's not a good test at all I find.  Why would someone input the full
> URL in a text search box as a test ?  Is that supposed to mimic the
> public access to information ?

No, it is to prove that not even the most direct search method
imaginable would have returned the article.  Otherwise you can always
revert to "oh, you were using the wrong search terms for sure", "some
indexing glitch" or whatever rationale.

> It does not represent public access to information at all.

Sure.  It shows that even if you try really, really hard to find the
article, the search will not be successful.

"I doubt you'll be able to bench press 10kg" "Dude, I just pressed 50kg"
"That doesn't seem like a realistic way to prove you could press 10kg".

--
David Kastrup