[LAU] Recommended USB Audio Interface

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Thu Sep 13 20:40:48 CEST 2018

Mailing JS <mailing at joergsorge.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> what would, in your opinion, be a recommended USB Audio Interface for
> multitrack studio recording?
>
> In the past, I was happy with M-Audio Delta 10/10. It was using a
> PCI-Extention Card. Now, I'm searching for a replacement using USB.
>
> It could have fewer IO-Ports and I need no Effects-Processing on the
> card. Important is, if possible, out of the box connecting via jackd and
> channel adjusting via alsa mixer.

Why not keep what you are using now?  ALSA development has slowed to a
crawl, so the chance to replace something well-supported with something
better is not actually as large as one would think.  Some kind of
comparatively inexpensive bridge to what you were using previously is
likely to work well enough.

--
David Kastrup