[LAU] Yoshimi Command Line

Will Godfrey willgodfrey at musically.me.uk
Tue Sep 18 00:08:32 CEST 2018

Well I don't know what happened there. I'll try again :o

On Sat, 15 Sep 2018 20:07:26 +0200 (CEST)
"Jeanette C." <julien at mail.upb.de> wrote:

>The information in the prompt is very helpful, though it could be
>slightly reduced by not including the status of certain items. Skip the
>"on/off" info in the path. You might also try to shorten the path after
>a certain level, by dropping items from the beginning. Personally, I'd
>always prefer an informative prompt to a status line above the prompt.

Although I appreciate not wanting non-essential information, the problem is
being 'on' *is* essential information - right up the chain. It is something I've
been tripped up by myself many times. For example you could be working on (say)
an addSynth filter, while a MIDI message comes along and switches the part off.
The engine still exists, and is fully editable but it's not going to do
anything. You need to know that!

Things that don't exist are error checked to prevent you trying to access
empty space, but I'm trying to keep the overhead as light as possible while
maintaining safety.

>Btw. I love the help system, it's perfect! Very impressive work!

:)

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk