[LAU] Yoshimi Command Line

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Sat Sep 15 20:07:26 CEST 2018

Sep 13 2018, Will Godfrey has written:
> Recent work means that in the latest builds some deep access into the synth
> engines is now possible with the status of all context steps being echoed to
> the prompt line so you know where you are.
>
> However this can get very long, so I'm wondering if it would be better to have
> a status line followed by a normal "yoshimi>" prompt. As has already been
> pointed out, this would then tend to orphan the last command actioned from the
> prompt. Currently, using minimised commands from the top level:
>  's p add voi env fre on'
The information in the prompt is very helpful, though it could be
slightly reduced by not including the status of certain items. Skip the
"on/off" info in the path. You might also try to shorten the path after
a certain level, by dropping items from the beginning. Personally, I'd
always prefer an informative prompt to a status line above the prompt.

Btw. I love the help system, it's perfect! Very impressive work!

Best wishes,

jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

I'm reaching out to you