[LAU] Live setup question with Carla

Gideon van der Kolf vanderkolfg at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 13:50:50 CEST 2018

Hello. Uhm.. let's hope this goes to the right place, I've never replied to
a mailing list before. Am I doing it right?

Mididings does work for what you want, given that you don't need to quickly
be able to change the configuration just before / during the performance.

I use Konfyt for keyboard setups: http://www.noedig.co.za/konfyt/
It allows you to quickly and easily create patches and switch between them
with a cool feature that when you hold notes while switching patches, they
will continue to be held down until you release them.
In your case you would probably ignore the Soundfont and SFZ functionalilty
and just use MIDI output ports for each VST plugin and app (Pianoteq).
You'll still need something to host the VSTs, like Carla or Ardour. I
usually opt for Ardour since I feel comfortable with organising the
different instruments/effects in mixer strips.

Another option is MIDI Layer: https://sourceforge.net/projects/midi-layer/

Cheers
Gideon