[LAU] [New music] Chapeau D'Empereur

Tim termtech at rogers.com
Sat Sep 29 03:45:10 CEST 2018

On 09/26/2018 10:39 AM, Jeanette C. wrote:
> Hey hey,
> this is an upbeat EDM/dance/dubstep track. It was fun to make and
> hopefully will be; fun to listen to or move to. :) In musical terms an
> experiemtn to see how far my setup can take me towards dubstep:
> http://juliencoder.de/nama/cde.ogg
> http://juliencoder.de/nama/cde.mp3
>
> Musicians may guess at the origiin of the name, more lazy lack of
> creativity than anything else.
>
> On the Linux side this track uses Yoshimi as a doubling for the EDM
> pluck/supersaw like sound and LinuxSampler for the celesta and doubling
> of the strings. The song was sequenced in Midish and recorded, processed
> and mixed in Nama. Many LADSPA and LV2 effects were used, including -
> but not limited to - Fons Adriaensen's Chorus, the gate from the SWH
> plugins, Invada studio compressor, Guitarix distortion, a few CAPS
> plugins, Fons' FIL plugin and more...
>
> Feedback is welcome and joy is desired. :)
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Jeanette

OK, I listened.
I normally absolutely detest anything resembling EDM.
But I think this piece is well laid out and executed nicely.
It sounds like a fair bit of detailed work went into it.
It has an actual ebb and flow to it with well-placed breaks,
  giving it what appears to me as somewhat of an 80's flavour,
  like say Whitney Houston could have sung to it.
I can even imagine some electric guitar in there, something
  normally impossible with typical unworthy EDM.

Cheers.
Tim.