[LAU] JACK, Qjackctl, and ffado

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Sat Apr 20 00:18:22 CEST 2019

On Fri, 19 Apr 2019, Mac wrote:

> Oh, and while alsamixer will allow the selection of the AF12, alsamixer then says
> the AF12 has no controls.

Ouch!

> So, to control the gains and such one has to figure out how to stop the alsa
> control of the AF12 and then start ffado to make any changes?

That may mean that in your case not using the alsa drivers but using the
ffado drivers may make more sense. Ffado use is hopefully coming to
-controls soon. However, I would suggest that if alsa does not show the
controls available, then the alsa module should have a bug report against
it. Though to be honest, I do not know if the firewire protocol tells the
host what controls it has in the way that other audio devices do.

Anyway, if ffado-mixer actually works for you, I would like to know. I
know of at least one case where ffado-controls does not work with the alsa
fw modules.

Have I said "I don't know" enough?  ;)

--
Len Ovens