[LAU] jconvolver does not find a running Jack2 server

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Tue Aug 6 20:24:37 CEST 2019

On Tue, August 6, 2019 12:10 pm, Moshe Werner wrote:
> [moshew at moshe-laptop ~]$ jackd --realtime --realtime-priority 89 -dalsa
> -dhw:D1248 -r48000 --period 128 -n2
> jackdmp 1.9.12
> Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
> Copyright 2004-2016 Grame.
> Copyright 2016-2017 Filipe Coelho.
> jackdmp comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
> under certain conditions; see the file COPYING for details
> no message buffer overruns
> no message buffer overruns
> no message buffer overruns
> JACK server starting in realtime mode with priority 89
> self-connect-mode is "Don't restrict self connect requests"
> audio_reservation_init
> Acquire audio card Audio2
> creating alsa driver ...
> hw:D1248|hw:D1248|128|2|48000|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
> configuring for 48000Hz, period = 128 frames (2.7 ms), buffer = 2 periods
> ALSA: final selected sample format for capture: 24bit little-endian in
> 3bytes format
> ALSA: use 2 periods for capture
> ALSA: final selected sample format for playback: 24bit little-endian in
> 3bytes format
> ALSA: use 2 periods for playback

That looks as expected, no warnings shown.
What happens when that jackd instance is running and you start jconvolver?
Can you post the same for the jconvolver command?  I tried just to check
and did not see many startup messages, just one about modifying the
requested partition size from the conf file.

> Normally I would use Cadence to start Jack

Checking jconvolver after starting jackd on the command line would give
indication whether Cadence is starting jackd in an unexpected way.

--
Chris Caudle