[LAU] Record / playback MIDI through MIDI <--> USB cable?

Christopher Arndt chris at chrisarndt.de
Wed Aug 21 09:40:04 CEST 2019

Hi Kevin,

Am 21.08.19 um 03:07 schrieb Kevin Cole:
> What is a good way to save keyboard stuff as .mid files and vice-versa
> (play MIDI files out to the keyboard)?

Can you explain in a bit more detail what you are trying to achieve?
What do you mean by "keyboard stuff"?

Do you want to:

a) Do you want to save MIDI performance data (i.e. notes, controllers
etc.) you are playing on your keyboard as a standard MIDI file (.mid) file?

b) Playback standard MIDI files on your computer by sending them to your
keyboard?

c) Create MIDI sequences / songs on your computer and play them back on
your keyboard?

d) Save keyboard programs (patches) to your computer via MIDI and
restore them?

e) Save / restore accompaniment styles and or songs from / to your
keyboard? (I'm not sure the PSR-220 lets you do that at all.)

Chris