[LAU] setBfree, using Midi controler 7 to adjust volume - is this possible?

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Sun Aug 25 21:37:40 CEST 2019

On 8/25/19 8:37 PM, Gerhard Zintel wrote:
> Hi List,

Hello Gerhard,

> I'm trying to adjust the overall volume of setBfreeUI sending Midi Control
> Change Message #7 with different values. Unfortunately setBfree does not react
> to any of those commands.

That is odd. CC7 is the default mapping for volume control. (MIDI
channel 1-3).

press 'm" to show bindings in the GUI. you can also ctrl+middle-click on
the knob to learn a new message.

> BTW: I assumed by clicking Ctrl and middle mouse button on the Volume  pot I
> could send a midi message to tune the slider

yes, that is correct. It should show "move slider" and wait for input.

Can you play it? Does the UI highlight keys as you play notes?

ciao,
robin