[LAU] setBfree, using Midi controler 7 to adjust volume - is this possible?

Gerhard Zintel gerhard.zintel at web.de
Sun Aug 25 22:22:06 CEST 2019

Thanks Janette and Robin,

I'm a step further! In qjackctl in the ALSA tab I have to connect my Trinket
Midi device with Midi Through and in the MIDI tab I have to connect system with
setBfree. Afterwards I have to press Ctrl Middle mouse button on the volume
knob and the slider on my Trinket Midi device. Now I can tune the volume with
my external foot pedal.

After exporting the config.cfg I see the two lines

# modificaions on top of default config
midi.controller.upper.7=swellpedal1

Janette is obviously right that this is not the default behaviour.

Thanks again
Gerhard