[LAU] qjackctl, qmidinet, touchdaw, reaper

Banibrata Dutta banibrata.dutta at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 07:38:42 CEST 2019

Not an expert on this, but I think you need a "session manager" for this.
The session manager is what saves existing Jack connections / patching as a
"session", s.t. everytime you need to start the combination of independent
Linux Audio applications (that use JACKd), the connections are setup
automagically for you (by the session manager, for the selected session).

On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 4:20 PM soffioalcuore at posteo.net <
soffioalcuore at posteo.net> wrote:

> dear list members,
>
> I'm trying to have my computer automatically establish a connection
> between qmidinet and qjackctl resp. reaper so that I could just start
> the jack-server via qjackctl, then start reaper and have touchdaw
> working (via qmidinet). the connections can be established very easily,
> only I don't know how to establish that said flow. the issue is that
> qmidinet needs to be started/reseted after jack is up. I thought I just
> use the option in qjackctl to run a script after jack is set up but if
> I put 'qmidinet' here it doesn't work, because of some conflicting
> processes I don't understand so far.
> does anybody of you know what I could do? I thought of a command to
> reset qmidinet just like its gui offers, that would be the easiest and
> a sane way. is there such command?
>
> thank you very much!
> christoph

regards,