[LAU] problem with zita-bridge to use two recording interfaces

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Fri Dec 20 21:36:44 CET 2019

Hi Christoph,

> I mean that in the verbose output above there’s nothing mentioned after
> the entry "capture". but in the output you pasted below it’s the same,
> so this obviously is the normal behaviour.

It is. The following lines imply that it is enabled :-)

> > Is there any output after the lines you quoted, like
> >
> > fons at zita1:~> zita-a2j -d hw:1,0 -v
> > playback : not enabled
> > capture  :
> >   nchan  : 2
> >   fsamp  : 48000
> >   fsize  : 256
> >   nfrag  : 2
> >   format : S32_LE
> > Starting synchronisation.
> >   -0.151   1.000057     0
> >   -0.007   1.000034   326
> >   -0.053   1.000046   327
> >   -0.114   1.000094   327
> >    0.128   1.000019   328
> >
> > etc. ?
>
> no, on both my computers there’s nothing printed after "Starting
> synchronization".

I suspect your system isn't configured to allow normal users running
real-time threads. Zita-ajbridge will fail (silently, and yes that
*is* a bug) if that is the case.

The way to enable real-time for normal (non-root) users has changed
on Archlinux some time ago, it now involves the realtime package
(see the archwiki for details).

I'm on Arch too but I'm still using the 'old' method without the
realtime package. This just involves putting some lines in
/etc/security/limits.conf:

@audio          -       rtprio          95
@audio          -       memlock         unlimited

and making sure you are in the 'audio' group.

If you do this you need to re-login after making the changes.

AFAIK the realtime package is doing the same, but using a
different group.

Ciao,

--
FA