[LAU] problem with zita-bridge to use two recording interfaces -- some extra info

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Sat Dec 21 14:10:28 CET 2019

Hi Christoph,:

> ... And I thought if I don’t run the rt-kernel,
> I have to uncheck the realtime-setting in qjackctl, which may
> be a misconception (?).

It is. The standard kernel runs RT threads quite well. I've been
using it on at least 20 Arch machines all doing audio work, and
some of them quite heavy stuff with dozens of Jack clients and
64 channels in and out. No problems at all.

Many of the original RT patches have been incorporated in the
standard kernel for years now.

You may need the RT kernel if you use very short audio periods,
some people go as low as 16 frames.

Ciao,

--
FA