[LAU] Bristol audio failed with JACK

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Tue Feb 5 22:59:52 CET 2019

Hey hey,
I just started Bristol and encountered a few difficulties. In the end my peril
might have been that Bristol/Brighton reported that the audio failed. Using
the following command I also got a message complaining about not being able to
connect the the graphic display:
startBristol -cli -audio jack -midi alsa -b3
I also tried different emulations and using bristol directly. Adding the -gui
option (apparently to disable/not start the GUI) and -verbose option. It
always failed and never specified the audio problem.

The ALSA driver was correctly started and the sequencer port showed up as
expected, before Bristol timed out trying to setup the audio.

Any ideas? I have a feeling that I needed to do something more, but it's been
a while.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

They say, break away - I'm missing out on the fun and games <3
(Britney Spears)