[LAU] Linux mint for audio?

Hank Stanglow stanglow at yandex.com
Sun Feb 17 19:12:08 CET 2019

On 2/17/19 7:13 AM, David Runge wrote:
> On 2019-02-17 11:37:30 (+0100), Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> I try to help the OP to make a decision pro or con Mint and I only
>> explained why I'm against Mint.
> And here we are, at yet another topic, where everything evolves around
> you, your opinion and a rant on an arbitrary topic in which you start to
> insult people (as trolls - mind the irony).
I hate to jump into a derailed thread, but I looks to me like Ralf was
attacked for voicing a realistic opinion. Should you use Mint for audio?
I do. I recently switched to Mint after years of using Ubuntu because,
for reasons I can't explain, Mint 19 is more stable than three flavors
of Ubuntu 18 on my system. However, Ubuntu is clearly better for audio
support. And while the two operating systems are nearly identical under
the GUI, there are a few important differences that might confuse
someone who would ask the question "Linux Mint for audio?"