[LAU] Linux mint for audio?

Hermann Meyer brummer- at web.de
Sun Feb 17 20:00:00 CET 2019

Am 17.02.19 um 19:47 schrieb Chris Cannam:
> On Sun, 17 Feb 2019, at 18:36, Hermann Meyer wrote:
>>> Following your stance one could say the same about Ubuntu, as Ubuntu is
>>> a debian derivative.
>> So this is a attack of a realistic opinion? Come on, . .
> I think the point is a fair one: a good part of why one might choose a distro is how easy it is to get help when something goes wrong. Ubuntu and, say, Arch are pretty good in that respect. But a distro based on Ubuntu, yet not supported by any of Ubuntu's official support channels, and also not providing its own, might not be such a good idea. That's what his first post in this thread said, and it seems reasonable to me. I read it and thought "good point, I hadn't thought of that".
>
> He might be factually wrong for all I know - I don't know what Mint's support channels are actually like. But nobody criticising Ralf has said anything about that either.
>
> It's not the most useful possible answer to the original question, but it's ok and it certainly didn't derail anything on its own.
>

> Chris

This point isn't about any support channel, it's just a polemic claim
about what "is naturally" better than a other choice. That is what
I'mcriticize. As well, I wrote that the other stances Ralf made been
good, far better then just this one. Also, don't forget, Ralf haven't
any experience with Mint, so all he wrote is just "from what I hear".

To say the least, I'm as well ain't use Mint, my wife does, she's
satisfied with it, but, she's ain't a musician.