[LAU] Linux mint for audio?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Feb 17 20:26:00 CET 2019

On Sun, 17 Feb 2019 20:00:00 +0100, Hermann Meyer wrote:
>Also, don't forget, Ralf haven't any experience with Mint, so all he
>wrote is just "from what I hear".

Yesno!

I never installed Mint, neither have I ever used a Mint live media.
Actually at the moment I'm maintaining an Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and an Arch
Linux (a rolling release) install, but really used for my daily bread
is just the Arch Linux install, as well as an iOS device.

Other subscribers of Ubuntu flavour mailing lists and I from time to
time try to help Mint users who can't get help by the Mint forums.

Power users like you and me, are able to use a few search terms
and google for infrastructure related things, such as security support.

I never claimed that a derivative, such as Mint is bad. I never claimed
that my opinion is the absolute truth.

However, if a user does ask for something, I suspect subscribers of
this list do reply in good faith.

It wasn't meant to be polemic, but at best my words regarding selling
DVDs and asking for donations could be misunderstood as polemic, which
anyway doesn't change any of the facts I provided, while I might be
missing other facts.

How weak my ego at worst case might be, it probably would gain nothing
from anything I could write to this mailing list related to a "Linux
mint for audio?" thread, I suspect that some people project their
characters onto my.