[LAU] dkbuilder: from circuit to LV2 plugin

Hermann Meyer brummer- at web.de
Tue Feb 19 11:03:39 CET 2019

Am 18.02.19 um 11:36 schrieb Dominique Michel:
> Le Sun, 17 Feb 2019 18:11:53 +0100,
> Hermann Meyer <brummer- at web.de> a écrit :
>
>> Well, I'm a Troll, keep that in mind before you go on reading,
>> special, because all I want to give you here is a link, trollish,
>> isn't it.
>>

>> https://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&p=102574#p102574
> I want to try it. But I like to have all my installed software managed
> by the package manager (portage on gentoo). I think if I manage to do
> an ebuild that install the dkbuilder, everything will be updated when
> making system updates, which imply I don't need to pull the python
> virtual environment as a dependency. Can you confirm that?
>
> Best,
> Dominique

No, the virtualenv is used to ensure the python versions to be used.
Also, the complete environment depends on the directory structure as it
is in the source tree. Build scripts and python module using hard coded
path's. So install the dkbuilder to your usual $PATH wouldn't work.

Best way to use it is simply download the source to your home folder and
create the virtual env.

regards

hermann