[LAU] RME Babyface Pro questions

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Wed Feb 27 19:28:51 CET 2019

Hello Joe,

On 2/27/19 5:57 PM, Joe Hartley wrote:
> My biggest concern is about phantom power, as I'd seen a mention that
> PP is only settable from the TotalMix software, which is a no-op in CC mode.

You can control it from the unit in CC mode:
"48V Phantom power on/off Use IN to select Ch 1/2. Use SELECT to choose
left, right or both channels. A push on SET will activate Phantom power
and turn on the orange LED labeled P48."

Got that from the manual: https://www.rme-audio.de/download/bface_pro_e.pdf
Chapter 34, page 91.

It's almost the same as on the Babyface I have, the non-Pro version.
Very nice unit. Hooked it up to an 8-channel ADAT unit, got 10 channels
at my disposal. Combined with Mixbus this works very nicely.

Best,

Jeremy