[LAU] RME Babyface Pro questions

audio at fn.de audio at fn.de
Wed Feb 27 21:32:27 CET 2019

On Wed, 27 Feb 2019 13:08:06 -0600, Brent Busby wrote:
>I think the thing I would miss the most if I had to start using it as
>my main interface would be not having hdspmixer available to setup
>intricate monitor mixes in hardware.

It's an advantage, if routing for monitoring could be handled by
software, especially in this case, since Joe mentioned desktop usage
without the need to use a large mixer. In my modest experiences, a
small mixer with a few sub and aux channels is a must-have tool.
Hdspmixer is a good tool, but a small mixer still could be useful,
even if hdspmixer is available. IMHO when using class compliant USB
devices, there is no way without at least a small mixer for monitoring.