[LAU] Trying to record!

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Jan 10 03:40:58 CET 2019

On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 19:13:50 -0700, Bob van der Poel wrote:
>So, do I have a bum port or is this normal?

It's normal (but that doesn't necessarily meant that the port is not
defect ;). Some USB ports work less good than other. Even while I
sometimes have read claims about USB 3 causing issues, it's unlikely
the used USB version. I had a mobo with USB 2 only and on some USB
ports an audio device (a Presonus and/or Focusrite, I don't remember
which audio device) worked ok, while others ports caused crackled sound
and those USB ports where not defect. On my new mobo I connect my USB 2
Focusrite to an USB 3.0 port. It works without issues.

--
pacman -Q linux{,-rt{-cornflower,,-securityink,-pussytoes}}|cut -d\  -f2
4.20.arch1-1