[LAU] memlock limits not set correctly?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Jan 19 05:44:28 CET 2019

On Fri, 18 Jan 2019 23:50:05 +0100, David Runge wrote:
>There is no "systemd black magic" preventing the limits from being
>applied

Yes, there is no black magic, but there is an ongoing progress of
leaving simplification.

Apart from my Arch Linux install, also my Ubuntu Xenial install does
use systemd as the "init system + the systemd specific sacrilege to
do more than an init system should do, which is asking for trouble".
Indeed, there are no "memlock" issues, neither for Arch, nor for Ubuntu
on my machine. However, distros still tend to suit to the "drop
directory config approach", which isn't the problem for the OP, but a
serious issue, especially in combination with systemd. The
advantage of clearness when using Linux is out of date. Nowadays you
need to care about some systemd thingy vs some.config vs
some.d/some.config, something you need to check with each upgrade,
since maintainers are free to change it any time.

--
pacman -Q linux{,-rt{-securityink,-cornflower,,-pussytoes}}|cut -d\  -f2
4.20.3.arch1-1