[LAU] The new GUI of QjackCtl renders QjackCtl unusable

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Jan 29 04:32:19 CET 2019

On Mon, 28 Jan 2019 21:52:26 -0500, Tim wrote:
>... Not replaced, optional.
>See Setup, Misc, "Replace connections with graph button".

Thank you,

so Rui should consider to uncheck this by default.

Btw. I dislike shadows for fonts, as well as for items (windows etc.), a
starting point might be to care about your anti-aliasing hint and the
colouration. However, the "Graph" approach sometimes might be an
advantage, but most of the times the "Connect" style is better.

Take a look at the screenshot I posted. It does show all Ardour
connections in one item and the connections are not displayed inside
the item, they are turned backwards, under the transparent item.
Fortunately when using Ardour, qjackctl seldom is needed, if at all,
for Ardour intern connections.

Btw. even if I should like this "Graph" thingy, I couldn't use it on my
machine [1], since its nearly completely unresponsive. Selecting a
connection inside the partial shown Ardour item takes around 3 seconds.
Scrolling is more or less impossible, it takes very long to move the
Ardour item or before the scroll bars or mouse wheel take effect.

[1]
$ hwinfo --cpu --gfxcard | grep Model | sort -u
  Model: 6.60.3 "Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU G1840 @ 2.80GHz"
  Model: "Intel Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller"

Regards,
Ralf