[LAU] lib lilv issue loading LV2 plugins

Christopher Arndt chris at chrisarndt.de
Mon Jul 29 16:56:39 CEST 2019

Am 29.07.19 um 14:39 schrieb Jeanette C.:
> I have noticed issues with liblilv for a while now. This is what I get:
> lilv_world_load_bundle(): error: Error reading
> file:///usr/lib/lv2/ProM.lv2/manifest.ttl
> substitute the LV2 plugin of choice.

I haven't noticed any problems with lilv using jalv or Ardour. I'm using
a freshly compiled lilv-git AUR package.

Does 'lv2ls' also give the same error message? If this affected all LV2
plugins, lv2ls should probably fill up your terminal with these.

Could it be simply a permission error? Maybe you accidentally set
/usr/lib/l2 to 0700 permissions or similar?

You could try running this test script for the Python bindings to check
whether the error really is in lilv and not the programs using it:

https://github.com/drobilla/lilv/blob/master/bindings/python/lv2_list.py

Chris