[LAU] different soundcards for in/out in alsa vs. jack

Max abonnements at revolwear.com
Tue Jun 4 13:04:52 CEST 2019

On 04.06.19 12:58, Max wrote:
> On 04.06.19 00:00, Chris Caudle wrote:
>> On Mon, June 3, 2019 3:56 pm, Max wrote:
>>> How do I get the correct device name?
>>
>> For most programs that need an ALSA device name as an argument, the
>> easiest way to list all ALSA devices in the system is "aplay -l."
>
> aplay -l (without dot) doesn't list my device which is a one channel
> audio input only, no output.
> (I want to use zita-a2j, not -j2a)
> I see it in jacks alsa settings directly though.

in jack it is listed as "hw:tickle" "tickle (hw:4)"

$ zita-a2j -d tickle
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM tickle
Can't open ALSA capture device 'tickle'.

$ zita-a2j -d hw:tickle
Can't open ALSA capture device 'hw:tickle'.

finally:
zita-a2j -d hw:tickle -c 1 -r 44100
Starting synchronisation.

my 2 ct: it would be nice to know which parameters are mandatory for it
to run, or to have a couple of examples at the bottom of the manpage.