[LAU] Command-line render a MIDI file with a VST instrument?

Mark Raynsford list+org.linuxaudio.linux-audio-user at io7m.com
Thu Mar 14 16:38:25 CET 2019

Hello!

I'm attempting to produce a set of sound files that will be loaded into
a sampler. Given a MIDI file that contains a single channel containing
eight one-second notes, I'd like to be able to instantiate a VST plugin,
load a preset into it, pass the MIDI file through it, and record the
output to an audio file without any leading or trailing silence. I'd
like to be able to do that entirely from the command line without any
interactivity. I have a couple of hundred repetitions of this that I'd
want to perform, so as you can imagine I don't want to waste any time
on manual input.

Is there anything open-source out there that allows for this kind of
headless, command-line rendering?

--
Mark Raynsford | http://www.io7m.com