[LAU] sound devices usb pre 2. usb 2 with 96k

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Sat Mar 16 22:52:42 CET 2019

On Sat, March 16, 2019 12:38 pm, olaf at klingt.org wrote:
> At least that is how it seems to be in this case with this device. (but I
> think i had 96k running even on usb1 devices before)

Did you hold down input 1 source select when you started the device?  The
quick start guide indicates that will force the device into full speed
mode (i.e. 12Mb/s USB 1 speed rather than 480Mb/s USB 2 high speed).

The Sound Devices information seems out of date, the documentation
indicates that linux will only support full speed mode, but I think that
is not correct.  If you held down input 1 select when powering on to force
full speed mode, do not do that, let the device initialize in high speed
mode.  Linux USB driver has supported USB 2 audio class and high speed
mode for quite a long time.

--
Chris Caudle