[LAU] Behringer UMC1820 suddenly stopped working with JACK2 (after re-install)

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Tue May 7 00:23:14 CEST 2019

On Mon, May 6, 2019 5:02 pm, nik at parkellipsen.de wrote:
> creating alsa driver ... hw:2|hw:2|512|3|44100|0|2|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
> configuring for 44100Hz, period = 512 frames (11.6 ms), buffer = 3 periods
> ALSA: final selected sample format for capture: 32bit integer
> little-endian
> ALSA: use 3 periods for capture
> ALSA: final selected sample format for playback: 24bit little-endian in
> 3bytes format
> ALSA: cannot set channel count to 2 for playback
> ALSA: cannot configure playback channel

Maybe the first error text is the only critical error for some reason
(changed driver version?).

"ALSA: cannot set channel count to 2 for playback"

Have you tried not specifying the -o parameter as an experiment?  I admit
it is grasping, it seems that jackd should be able to use just a subset of
the channels if that is what you were using before.  Is this exactly the
same kernel version/ALSA version you were using successfully before?

--
Chris Caudle