[LAU] different soundcards for in/out in alsa vs. jack

Max abonnements at revolwear.com
Mon May 27 13:28:10 CEST 2019

Hi list,

I know that having different soundcards for in and out will lead to
clock deviations and is generally not a wise thing to do, but my
question is differently:
Surprisingly it works quite well with ALSA, but not so much with jack.
Both is from Pd. Jack has a plethora of settings, so this could have to
do with it and make my blanket statement above too simplistic, but I
wonder is there a general design in jack which makes it harder to rund
different cards for i/o or do i have the wrong settings? Where to look at?

m.