[LAU] different soundcards for in/out in alsa vs. jack

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Mon May 27 13:50:52 CEST 2019

May 27 2019, Max has written:
> Surprisingly it works quite well with ALSA, but not so much with jack.
> Both is from Pd. Jack has a plethora of settings, so this could have to
> do with it and make my blanket statement above too simplistic, but I
> wonder is there a general design in jack which makes it harder to rund
> different cards for i/o or do i have the wrong settings? Where to look at?
Have you tried alsa_in/alsa_out for one of your cards? It is designed to
integrate another card into a JACK setup. If your cards have a way of
synchronising (SP/DIF or wordclock) you could also try that and use the
-C and -P options of JACK to set up different capture and playback
devices (which I suppose you are already using).

JACK tries to be VERY precise. I don't know the technical details, but I
think they could be summed up as: even if you don't hear
problems/discrepancies, it doesn't mean there aren't any.

Best wishes and good luck,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

You might think that I won't make it on my own,
But now I'm Stronger <3
(Britney Spears)