[LAU] LinuxSampler SFZ questions

Christopher Arndt chris at chrisarndt.de
Tue Nov 19 05:49:02 CET 2019

Ji Jeanette,

Am 18.11.19 um 23:15 schrieb Jeanette C.:
> 1. Does the osccilator keyword really work and if so in which section
> (global, group, region,...)? I get asn error message using it with
> LinuxSampler 2.1.1 (the ArchLinux package).

SFZ is just a spec and all Open Source implementations of it that I know
of, have only partial support for all its features.

Linuxsampler does not currently support any of the 'oscillator' opcodes
at all:

http://www.linuxsampler.org/sfz/

(search for "Wavetable Oscillator" on the page:)

> 2. The waveguide keyword:

Nor does it support 'waveguide' (listed under "Sample Definition").

Other implementations, e.g. SFZero,sfizz and liquidsfz, support even
fewer opcodes. Support for SFZ v2 opcodes is very scarce in general.

Chris