[LAU] kdenlive - audio time delay

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Tue Oct 1 14:45:27 CEST 2019

On Mon, September 30, 2019 3:40 pm, Daniel Wilhelm wrote:
> I like to do video cuts exactly synchronized with music song beats. So i
> would like to "tap in" the beats with markers before cutting to have the
> cut positions to snap to. That's not possible on my system, i always
> have about 500ms of delay when i listen to the music track and tap in
> the beats. So the markers are always a little to late and out of sync...

Do you always use PulseAudio?  500ms latency is very high.  Does kdenlive
support jackd for audio?

If the latency is consistent does kdenlive allow shifting audio tracks?
You could manually shift the track to be aligned.

One solution which involves a lot of labor would be to export the audio
track, import to Ardour, make sure the latency compensation is set
correctly in Ardour, record the new audio, then export the audio recorded
by Ardour, and import again into kdenlive.

--
Chris Caudle