[LAU] Behringer X32 - glitch problems

nik at parkellipsen.de nik at parkellipsen.de
Sun Oct 13 19:08:34 CEST 2019

Well, the problem seems to be that there's no dedicated physical USB 3.0 port on my machine, the physical
port act as the one or the other depending on what you connect.

All physical ports have the SuperSpeed symbol, but none of them automatically connects to the
(internal) USB 3.0 root hub if I connect a USB 2.0 device, so I assume there's some logic that
detects whether the connected device is 2.0 or 3.0 and connects it accordingly. Like, when I connect
a USB 3.0 storage device, lsusb shows it as connected to the 3.0 bus.

So I my guess would be, if I use a dedicated (external) USB 3.0 hub, it would be detected as a 3.0 device
and routed to the (internal) 3.0 bus, and thus the devices connected to the external hub would be as well.
But, of course, that's just speculation. I might just get a 3.0 hub and try.